Franklin - A 30-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for burglary after an investigation revealed he stole an $8,000 motorcycle from his employer's business during the overnight hours of Jan. 20, according to a Franklin police report.
Also in the report:
The owner of Speedway Auto Detailing, 6742 S. 112th St., reported that someone had forced his or her way into the business and stolen a motorcycle valued at $8,000 between the late evening hours of Jan. 20 and 8:50 a.m. Jan. 21.
During the investigation, police viewed surveillance video from a neighboring business that showed a U-Haul rental truck backing up to Speedway Auto Detailing the night of the burglary.
Police worked with U-Haul to determine who rented the truck, and found that it had been rented by an employee Speedway Auto Detailing.
The man confessed to the burglary during questioning, and let police know where the motorcycle was. It was recovered.
- News & Notes: June 2, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 2, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Storage facility's big plan gets scrutinized by Franklin officials
- Second year to Stuff the Squad for St. James food pantry
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue