Franklin - A Milwaukee County snowplow driver suffered minor injuries after he lost control of his plow and crashed into the side of a Walgreens on South 27th Street on New Year's Eve, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
According to a witness, the plow was traveling east on Ryan Road at 27th Street when it struck a guard rail, went across a grassy median and over a curb and hit the east side of Walgreens, 9527 S. 27th St., shortly after 6 a.m. Dec. 31. The plow severely damaged a Redbox rental machine but caused only minor damage to the building.
After the plow came to rest, the driver opened his door and stated, "I must have blacked out," according to the witness. The witness told officers that it didn't look like any brakes were applied after the driver lost control of the snowplow.
The plow driver, a 36-year-old West Allis man, had a head laceration and was treated at the scene. No citations have been issued, and the accident is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The new Root River Theatre Company in Franklin seeks local acting talent for upcoming production
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded
- Many eyes take in Rock's hilly haunted attraction in Franklin
- There's heroin abuse in Franklin, too
- Heroin in the Suburbs: Franklin and Milwaukee County officials stress education regarding youth addiction
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Development leader resigns key city posts