Racine man arrested in year-old semitrailer, scrap metal theft case
Trailer, contents valued at $113K
Franklin - Police arrested a 51-year-old Racine man in connection with the theft of a tractor-trailer filled with scrap brass Dec. 12, 2011. He was taken into custody in Racine on Dec. 28 after a year-long investigation by the Franklin Police Department culminated in a warrant for his arrest.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man is accused of stealing a tractor-trailer from Dalor Transport, 6005 W. Ryan Road, shortly before 9 a.m. Dec. 12, 2011. The tractor was found abandoned at a Citgo station in Zion, Ill., three days later.
The truck had been hauling a 53-foot enclosed trailer loaded with 42,235 pounds of scrap brass. The trailer and its contents, valued at more than $113,000, were not found.
He was arrested for theft and is being held in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The new Root River Theatre Company in Franklin seeks local acting talent for upcoming production
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded
- Many eyes take in Rock's hilly haunted attraction in Franklin
- There's heroin abuse in Franklin, too
- Heroin in the Suburbs: Franklin and Milwaukee County officials stress education regarding youth addiction
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Development leader resigns key city posts