Most of Milwaukee's south suburbs ran against the grain of Wisconsin and the United States' election results by voting Republican on all tickets.
With a total voter turnout of 90.4 percent, Franklin backed Republican Presidential challenger Mitt Romney over President Barack Obama 58.8 percent to 40.5 percent. In the race for U.S. Senate, Tommy Thompson received 58. 3 percent of the vote to Tammy Baldwin's 39.9 percent. For Congressional District 1, Paul Ryan received 62.2 percent of the vote, and Rob Zerban, 36.1 percent.
With a voter turnout of 82.2 percent, 54.4 percent of Greendale voters chose Romney, compared to 44.5 percent opting for Obama. The Baldwin/Thompson race saw 54.5 percent of the vote going to Thompson. Greendale voters cast their ballots for Ryan, who beat Zerban with 58.7 percent ballots cast.
In Hales Corners, 60 percent of voters favored Romney. Residents also leaned toward Thompson over Baldwin in the Senate race, with 60 percent voting for Thompson. Ryan won 64 percent of the vote to beat Zerban in the village. Voter turnout was 83 percent.
Oak Creek, with a turnout of 88.6 percent, favored Romney with 54.3 percent of its vote. Thompson beat Baldwin, winning 54.5 percent of the ballots cast. Ryan won 59 percent of the local vote for Senate.
|Franklin||Greendale||Hales Corners||Oak Creek|
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody