A 34-year-old man was cited for for illegal burning after police responded twice in a week to the same Franklin duplex, including one incident where Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues were burned.
According to the police report:
An officer responding to a burning complaint found old Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues smoldering in the backyard of a duplex in the 3300 block of West College Avenue at 1:24 p.m. Oct. 1.
No one was home at the time. The officer extinguished the fire with the resident’s hose and warned the property owner, a 34-year-old man, about illegal burning.
He then was cited for illegal burning on Oct. 7 after he was caught burning items in his backyard at 2:50 p.m. Oct. 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kayla's Playground groundbreaking (1)
- Franklin parks commissioner calls out common council
- Local pediatrician stars in commercial for Kohls
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Kayla playground project leaps forward in Franklin (1)
- Slash in state aid money could force Franklin School district to increase tax levy
- Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Staff changes in Franklin schools
- Forest Park Middle School principal promoted
- Things to Do: July 16, 2015 issue