A 34-year-old man was cited for for illegal burning after police responded twice in a week to the same Franklin duplex, including one incident where Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues were burned.
According to the police report:
An officer responding to a burning complaint found old Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues smoldering in the backyard of a duplex in the 3300 block of West College Avenue at 1:24 p.m. Oct. 1.
No one was home at the time. The officer extinguished the fire with the resident’s hose and warned the property owner, a 34-year-old man, about illegal burning.
He then was cited for illegal burning on Oct. 7 after he was caught burning items in his backyard at 2:50 p.m. Oct. 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Franklin police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin shoots down community residential facility for drug and alcohol abusers (1)
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- Department of Transportation begins 27th Street reconstruction
- Woman hurt in strong arm robbery at Franklin Wal-Mart (2)
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- Video: The curtain rises on Franklin High School's new performing arts center (1)
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum