A 54-year-old Franklin man was arrested for stealing narcotics from multiple shipments at UPS, 6800 S. Sixth St., Sept. 27.
The man, an employee at UPS, was arrested after managers launched an investigation into multiple thefts from drug shipments that occurred over the past year. When a company official confronted the employee and told him he was a suspect, the man admitted stealing narcotics from shipments.
At the time he was arrested, officers found 25 oxycodone pills in the man's possession. The man gave police permission to search his residence, where officers found an additional 74 pills of various narcotics that were confirmed stolen from shipments at UPS.
He is facing possible state charges of theft and possession of Schedule II narcotics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Caddie from Franklin sees a lot of green for his efforts
- Interactive: Franklin council agrees to consider Ballpark Commons (1)
- Franklin police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board hopefuls state their views (2)
- Things to Do: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tenth Franklin food drive collects over 850 pounds of food
- Franklin police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS