A 54-year-old Franklin man was arrested for stealing narcotics from multiple shipments at UPS, 6800 S. Sixth St., Sept. 27.
The man, an employee at UPS, was arrested after managers launched an investigation into multiple thefts from drug shipments that occurred over the past year. When a company official confronted the employee and told him he was a suspect, the man admitted stealing narcotics from shipments.
At the time he was arrested, officers found 25 oxycodone pills in the man's possession. The man gave police permission to search his residence, where officers found an additional 74 pills of various narcotics that were confirmed stolen from shipments at UPS.
He is facing possible state charges of theft and possession of Schedule II narcotics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Rock Sports Complex in Franklin launches summer concert series
- Franklin students turns lemons into cancer research
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK (1)
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries