A 54-year-old Franklin man was arrested for stealing narcotics from multiple shipments at UPS, 6800 S. Sixth St., Sept. 27.
The man, an employee at UPS, was arrested after managers launched an investigation into multiple thefts from drug shipments that occurred over the past year. When a company official confronted the employee and told him he was a suspect, the man admitted stealing narcotics from shipments.
At the time he was arrested, officers found 25 oxycodone pills in the man's possession. The man gave police permission to search his residence, where officers found an additional 74 pills of various narcotics that were confirmed stolen from shipments at UPS.
He is facing possible state charges of theft and possession of Schedule II narcotics.
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30