A 54-year-old Franklin man was arrested for stealing narcotics from multiple shipments at UPS, 6800 S. Sixth St., Sept. 27.
The man, an employee at UPS, was arrested after managers launched an investigation into multiple thefts from drug shipments that occurred over the past year. When a company official confronted the employee and told him he was a suspect, the man admitted stealing narcotics from shipments.
At the time he was arrested, officers found 25 oxycodone pills in the man's possession. The man gave police permission to search his residence, where officers found an additional 74 pills of various narcotics that were confirmed stolen from shipments at UPS.
He is facing possible state charges of theft and possession of Schedule II narcotics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Council to hold public information meeting on Saturday (5)
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Parks commission chairman lashes out at Franklin Common Council (1)
- Trio tries to add key points with their new Franklin sports bar (1)
- Franklin police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Playground groundbreaking (2)
- Franklin parks commissioner calls out common council
- Local pediatrician stars in commercial for Kohls
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue