A 75-year-old Wind Lake man was killed in a one-car accident in the 11200 block of West Loomis Road about 6:52 a.m. Saturday, according to a Franklin Police Department news release.
It appears that his car left the roadway and struck several mailboxes before crossing both lanes of traffic and stopping in a field, police said. The man may have had a medical condition that contributed to the crash.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy and Franklin police continue to investigate the crash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Root River Theatre continues local talent search for winter production
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Searching for Molly: Local bar in Franklin jokes about ghost
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Franklin Police investigate armed robbery at North Shore Bank
- Glen Morrow hired as new Franklin City Engineer
- Franklin man uses bike to hike Alzheimer's awareness
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Debate over Franklin trail name proves less than poetic
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue