A 75-year-old Wind Lake man was killed in a one-car accident in the 11200 block of West Loomis Road about 6:52 a.m. Saturday, according to a Franklin Police Department news release.
It appears that his car left the roadway and struck several mailboxes before crossing both lanes of traffic and stopping in a field, police said. The man may have had a medical condition that contributed to the crash.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy and Franklin police continue to investigate the crash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody