A 75-year-old Wind Lake man was killed in a one-car accident in the 11200 block of West Loomis Road about 6:52 a.m. Saturday, according to a Franklin Police Department news release.
It appears that his car left the roadway and struck several mailboxes before crossing both lanes of traffic and stopping in a field, police said. The man may have had a medical condition that contributed to the crash.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy and Franklin police continue to investigate the crash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK (1)
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries
- Local dermatology clinic unveils new name, brand
- Company behind Franklin High School's new floor wins national awards for design
- Taking a FARE view of risky food allergies