A 75-year-old Wind Lake man was killed in a one-car accident in the 11200 block of West Loomis Road about 6:52 a.m. Saturday, according to a Franklin Police Department news release.
It appears that his car left the roadway and struck several mailboxes before crossing both lanes of traffic and stopping in a field, police said. The man may have had a medical condition that contributed to the crash.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy and Franklin police continue to investigate the crash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: April 22
- News & Notes: April 24
- Franklin finds Rock's downtown/stadium's proposal to be less than solid idea
- Funeral home not recommended by Franklin Plan Commission
- Franklin Historical Society to host 2 spring events
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- Franklin School District opposes N. Cape path proposal
- News & Notes: April 17