A 75-year-old Wind Lake man was killed in a one-car accident in the 11200 block of West Loomis Road about 6:52 a.m. Saturday, according to a Franklin Police Department news release.
It appears that his car left the roadway and struck several mailboxes before crossing both lanes of traffic and stopping in a field, police said. The man may have had a medical condition that contributed to the crash.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy and Franklin police continue to investigate the crash.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Prairie School to host event on gifted children
- Missing Franklin man found dead on Nov. 24 near Oak Leaf Bike Trail
- Things to Do: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Pick 'n Save, Hunger Task Force visit area senior centers in new mobile market
- Franklin police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Franklin's $37 million budget has no tax change
- Rawson Avenue closure beginning Nov. 18
- Later paper delivery for Now Newspapers’ Nov. 26, 2015, issue: Later paper next week
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- Things to Do: Nov. 19, 2015 issue