The Jimmys close out
Boerner concert series
Hales Corners — Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive, will wrap up its Concerts in the Gardens at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29 with a performance by The Jimmys.
The concert will be free. Patrons will receive free admission to the gardens after 6 p.m.
For information, go to
Friends group holds annual used book sale
Franklin — The Friends of the Franklin Public Library will hold its annual used book sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 6 and 7 and 1 to 4 p.m. Sept. 8 at the library, 9151 W. Loomis Road.
A preview event for Friends members will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 5. A bag sale ($2 a bag) will be held Sept. 8.
Donations of books, DVDs and CDs in good condition are welcome prior to the first day of the sale.
For information, call (414) 425-8214.
Community center hosts outdoor rummage sales
Oak Creek — The Oak Creek Community Center hosts Saturday outdoor rummages, to be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 7, 21 and Oct. 5 at the center, 8580 S. Howell Ave.
City celebrates with pig, chicken roast
Oak Creek — The city's Celebration's Commission will hold its 10th annual pig and chicken roast from noon to 4 p.m. Sept. 8 at Oak Creek's Miller Park, 315 E. Groveland Drive.
Entertainment and games will be available for all ages.
Adult meal tickets will cost $5 and include a chicken-quarter or pork sandwich, potato chips and beans. Children's meal tickets will cost $1 and include a hot dog, potato chips and snacks. Baked potato, corn on the cob, beer, soda and water will be available.
Tickets are available at City Hall, 8640 S. Howell Ave., (414) 768-6500; or the Oak Creek Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Ave., (414) 768 -5840.
Boerner offers Master Gardener volunteer training
Hales Corners — Master Gardener volunteer training will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Mondays, beginning Sept. 9, at Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive√.
The program will run 13 consecutive weeks.
To register, visit fyi.uwex.edu/sewmg/become. Information about scholarships to offset the cost of tuition is included with the registration brochure.
For information, call (414) 256-4600.
Send your submissions to email@example.com or NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Ste. A, Waukesha, WI 53186, at least 14 days prior to the event.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 16, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 2, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 25, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 18, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 4, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 28, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 21, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 14, 2015 issue
- Things to do: May 7, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: April 23, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 16, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 9, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: April 2, 2015 issue