Janel Mayer and Steven Rader of New Berlin are planning a July 20, 2013, wedding on her grandfather's 95th birthday.
Parents of the couple are Gail Mayer of Cudahy, Jeff and Diane Mayer of St. Francis, and Mary Rader of Franklin.
The bride-to-be is Miss St. Francis 2002, Miss Milwaukee 2007, a graduate of Thomas More High School and a 2006 graduate of Marquette University.
The future groom is a 2000 graduate of Whitnall High School in Greenfield.
Together, the two own their own businesses, including Willie Fun Events, Willie Fun Entertainment and Wow Proposals.
The future groom decided to propose on the bride-to-be's favorite holiday, Halloween, and bring her favorite movie, Pixar's "Up!" - it reminds her of her grandparents' romance - to life. The proposal thus took place at their favorite Las Vegas hotel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: July 2, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 25, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 18, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 4, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 28
- Things to Do: May 28, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 21, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 14, 2015 issue
- Things to do: May 7, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 30, 2015 issue