Leroy and Shirley Luecht of Franklin celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary Feb. 18, 2010.
They were married Feb. 18, 1950, in Milwaukee.
The couple marked the occasion with a party at Karl Ratzsch's Restaurant on Feb. 20, 2010.
Leroy and Shirley, residents of Franklin for two years, are the parents of Linda (Mike) Sklander of Franklin; Kathy (Dave) Elich of Mansfield, Mass.; Carol (Edgar) Ocasio of Melbourne, Fla.; Ric (Vickie) Luecht of Greensboro, N.C.; and Roy (Kris) Luecht of Germantown.
They are the grandparents of Michael and Matt Sklander; Katrina, Sam, Joe and Mila Elich; Eric and Kelly Ocasio; Caleb and Camille Gibson; and Jessica, Kimberly and Jason Luecht.
Leroy retired from General Electric Co. in 1987. He worked in the service shop for 41 years.
Shirley worked in the West Allis schools and was a homemaker.
The couple met at Kohl's Food Stores. Shirley worked in deli while still in high school, and Leroy worked in produce in the evenings. He helped her carry some heavy items and before you know it, they were engaged.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Things to do: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Things to do: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Thngs to Do: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Things to Do: Aug. 28, 2014 issue