Randy and Maxine Henk recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
The couple, residents of Oak Creek for 20 years and Franklin for three years, marked the occasion with a family brunch at the Packing House on Oct. 17, 2009.
Randy and Maxine are the parents of Shelley Henk of Milwaukee, Tracy Lundell of Milwaukee and Karrie (TJ) Groff of Oak Creek. They are the grandparents of Brad and Ben Lundell and Randi Groff.
Randy retired from We Energies after more than 39 years of service.
The couple enjoys spending time with their grandchildren.
Randy also devotes his time to Risen Savior Lutheran Church in Franklin through bible study and upkeep of the church.
Maxine is known for her baked goods and willingness to help at church receptions.
When asked how they made it to 50 years together, their response would be, "In marriage, you need to respect each other. If you keep the respect, everything else falls into place."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: July 2, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 25, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 18, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: June 4, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 28
- Things to Do: May 28, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 21, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: May 14, 2015 issue
- Things to do: May 7, 2015 issue
- Things to do: April 30, 2015 issue