• Erin Birk of Franklin was named to the Dean's List at Bethel University for the spring 2009 semester.
• Brandon Buelow of Franklin was named to the Dean's List at Kirkwood College for the spring 2009 semester.
• Tammy Haapakoski of Oak Creek graduated from the Wisconsin School of Professional Pet Grooming on July 3.
• Alexander Hamberger of Franklin was named to the Dean's List at the University of Minnesota for the spring 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the Chancellor's List at the University of Wisconsin-Stout for the spring 2009 semester: Alexander Bialk, Melissa Nowak, Katie Remaly, Elizabeth Schultz and Alex Will - Franklin; and Anne Curro and Emily Rizzo - Greendale.
• The following students achieved honors at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay for the spring 2009 semester: Tracey Jenkins, Lynsey Thiel, Michael Wesley and Nyssa Wilderman - Franklin; Cassandra Byerly, Nicole Gumina, Nicholas Schwei and Stephen Steffes - Greendale; and John Quinn and Daniel Schill - Oak Creek.
• Miranda Gerstman, Andrew Mahn and Stefanie Roberts, all of Oak Creek, graduated from Gateway Technical College.
• Erin Birk of Franklin graduated from Bethel University with a bachelor's degree in biblical and theological studies this spring.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for the spring 2009 semester: Glenn Altstadt, Andrew Lasecki, Andrew Maike, Kimberly Nordlie, Margaret Petershack, Eric Rude, Andrew Schauer, Erin Shinners, Megan Stasiewicz and Jessica Wysocki - Franklin; Alexander Kussler, Peter Muroni, Katherine Slupski, Nicholas Swendrowski and Andrea Wilson - Greendale; Allison Davies, Amy Forecki, Mackenzie Howard and Elizabeth Plack - Hales Corners; and Melissa Dlugi, Katherine Eaton, Daniel Esteves, Peter Hordyk, Matthew Kitzerow, Craig Kucik, Stephanie Sandor, Jordan Smith and Stephanie Smith - Oak Creek.
• The following students graduated from Marquette University on May 17: Nicholas Burns, Lauren Chmielewski, Danielle Fuentes, Mark Geisler, Kennedi Graham, Konneli Graham, Christa Hatch, Erin Ruedinger, Nicole Schahczinski, Andrea Sickinger and Laura Stark - Franklin; Jean Baumgardner, Theresa Bustos, Edward Co, Kaylene Frey, Patrick Hughes, Rebecca Kanitz, Shannon Lahiff, Bethany Ligocki, Margaret Mares, Steven Novak, Ann Ostendorf, Lauren Schmidt, Russell Steinbrenner and Claire Weingart - Greendale; Madeline Dudek, Kelly Raz and Lisa West - Hales Corners; and April Kennedy, Kristin Kohlstedt, Anthony Montijo, Ashley Nguyen, Danielle Pike, Lindsey Swanson, Emily Sylvester, John Tate and Ashley Zietlow - Oak Creek.
• Katherine Eaton of Oak Creek was awarded the Chet Bradley Scholarship Fund in School Health Education from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
• David Feather of Oak Creek was named to the Dean's List at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota for the spring 2009 semester.
• Brian Jenks of Oak Creek was named to the honors list at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School for the spring 2009 semester.
• The following students were named to the Dean's List at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for the spring 2009 semester: John Brandes, Ashley Kornhoff and Erika Nelson - Franklin; Demetri Asiatidis - Greendale.
• Derek Lacziak of Franklin was awarded the Federated Insurance Scholarship from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
• Rick Fitzgerald of Franklin won the 2009 Mountain Laurel Autoharp Championship in Newport, Pa. The MLA contest is open to autoharp players from around the world. Fitzgerald's prize was a new d'Aigle Cascade autoharp.
• The following Franklin residents received scholarships from the Franklin Lionness Club: Kaylee Compbell, Brook Manore, Cody Lorbiecki, Ekto Desai, Jaime Hanneman and Megan Mathers.
• Pamela Niespodziani of Franklin is working with American Folklore Theatre in Door County. She is performing in two productions: the world premiere of "Cheeseheads: The Musical" and "Sunsets & S'mores," a celebration of Peninsula State Park's 100th birthday. Both plays run through Aug. 29. Pamela is a 2004 graduate of Franklin High School.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 16
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 26
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 24
- Celebrations: Sept. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: July 29
- Celebrations: July 25