Ferch's to host luncheon for office professionals
Greendale — Ferch's Malt Shoppe and Grille will celebrate Office Professionals Week with a special luncheon Sunday, April 27.
The restaurant invites office professionals to spend the day in Greendale for a series of presentations and a walking tour of the village. A noon luncheon will be held inside Ferch's newly-remodeled expansion space, located at 5636 Broad Street.
The event, held from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., will also include a "Believe in Yourself" presentation hosted by book author Rochelle Pennington.
Registration costs $30 per person. Call (414) 349-8369 to reserve seats.
Anti-Common Core speaker to visit Franklin
Franklin — Duke Pesta, academic director of FreedomProject Education, will speak at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 7, at the Franklin Public Library about Common Core standards and how they pose "danger and threats to American liberty and education."
The event is free, but seating is limited at the library, 9151 W. Loomis Road.
The presentation is sponsored by the Southwest Suburban Republican Branch of the Republican Party of Milwaukee County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 5, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- News & Notes: August 28, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue