Dad, husband, baseball coach, writer, community activist and crappy guitar player...I tend to stand a little to the left on most issues. I don't get my news from Fox "News" - and neither should you.
Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett, a Republican, will not be pressing charges against David Prosser, the conservative WI Supreme Court Justic who was accused of choking fellow Justic Ann Walsh Bradley.
rick perry + apostolic reformation church + C. Peter Wagner
State Rep. Michelle Litjens, R-Oshkosh and state Sen. Mary Lazich, R-New Berlin, are co-sponsoring a bill that would require any woman seeking an abortion to undergo an ultrasound before having the procedure and tighten regulations for clinics that perform abortions. "This is about protecting women," she said. "This is not about abortion." ~ host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_cc732354-cbef-11e0-8ab1-001cc4c03286.html
- The Senator should have to live 6 months confined to a wheelchair as an elderly citizen in a nursing home, who has let her drivers license expire, and who has to rely on the kindness of family or strangers to get to the DMV to obtain a new ID before she votes on the new VOTER ID LAW.
- The Senator should have to empty her savings account and take a low-paying job where she is not offered health insurance before she is allowed to vote on reducing benefits for BadgerCare, or Medicaid.
- The Senator should have to live as a 79 year old woman whose entire monthly income is her social security check, and see half of that income disappear with prescription drug costs before she votes to change the state Medicare program over to Medicare Part D for seniors, which will cost seniors an average of at least an extra $500 per year in prescriptions.
- The Senator should have to work as a kindergarten teacher in a low-income school for a few weeks before she votes to cut $840 from public education and dramatically increases class sizes and shrinks teachers' rights and work place conditions.
2011 ACT test results are in and WI did great!
- WI had it's highest participation rate ever: 47,693 (71 percent)
- WI students had an average composite score of 22.2, third place among ACT-taking states.
- Greendale HS students average 23.5 with 80.3% of eligible students taking the exam.
In the Sunday OP-ED of the New York Times, uber-billionaire Warren Buffett penned a scathing editorial encouraging congress to raise the taxes of the wealthiest in the US.