Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Just how does all that politically correct, liberal junk that’s in the bill create jobs and get people off the unemployment line?
And how many members of the House actually read all 650-plus pages of the stimuls package?
How many know what’s actually in that, as my friend Charlie Sykes calls it, “crap sandwich?”
Consider all that fat:
- $650 million for digital TV coupons
- $600 million for new cars for the federal government
- $6 billion for colleges/universities
- $2.4 billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects
- $1 billion for Amtrak
- $50 million for the National Endowment of the Arts
- $44 million for repairs to U.S. Department of Agriculture headquarters
- $400 million for global-warming research
Global warming studies?
New wheels for G-men?
Again, how does all this runaway spending create jobs?
Read more from Congressman John Boehner and the Wall Street Journal.