Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Today I’m announcing the 2nd Best Dining in the Franklin-area Survey, with the winners to be chosen by you, the readers of “This Just In.”
Inspired by similar surveys conducted by Milwaukee Magazine and OnMilwaukee.com, I’m out to engage readers in a public service to showcase the best in our community.
This project comes at a time when there’s a buzz about future retail developments in Franklin and the anticipation of bigger and better things to come. My goal is to recognize and acknowledge the quality establishments we have in and around Franklin.
The success of this endeavor depends solely upon your input and participation. Feel free to pass this along to others you know. The more votes cast, the more representative the survey will be. There are over 20 categories with some news ones to cast your votes in. Here are the rules and guidelines, followed by a ballot you can copy and paste and send to me to have your vote counted.
RULES/INSTRUCTIONS FOR “BEST DINING IN THE FRANKLIN-AREA” SURVEY
1) The survey is open to anyone, no matter where they live.
2) One vote per person per category. There is no limit of voters per household. (If 4 people live in a household, 4 separate votes will be allowed.)
3) Deadline for entries will be Saturday June 14, 2007.
4) Copy and paste ballot (see below) and e-mail to me. The link to e-mail me is next to my photo on my blog.
5) You do not have to vote in each category. You may vote in all categories or the categories of your choice.
6) You can vote for the same place in more than one category.
7) Please feel free to add any comments about your selections that may be included in the final story.
8) Selections must be limited to restaurants in the Franklin-area. For purposes of this survey, that includes Franklin, Greendale, Greenfield, Oak Creek, and Hales Corners.
9) I will post a winner and a runner-up for each category.
Thank you for participating.
HERE IS THE OFFICIAL BALLOT
Best place for appetizers
Best appetizer (menu item)
Best Coffee Shop/Café
Best Fish Fry
Best Frozen Custard
Best Romantic Restaurant
Best Family-Friendly Restaurant
Best Bar Food
Top two restaurants (names or types of restaurants) you’d like to see open at Fountains of Franklin, or anywhere in the city for that matter.