Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Residents were shocked and angry.
Surely, a fight had to be waged.
But someone had to lead the effort.
Someone had to organize, gather the troops, buy the yard signs and buttons, and order the busses that brought over a thousand people to a state public hearing at State fair Park, the most-attended legislative hearing in the history of the state of Wisconsin.
Citizens for a Safe Wisconsin (CFSW) worked with Senator Mary Lazich and state Representative Jeff Stone on legislation to ensure that a facility to house sex offenders would not be funded or built anywhere in Milwaukee County.
What else has the group accomplished?
- Instrumental in the passage of “Jessica’s Law” in the State of Wisconsin
- Instrumental in passage of AB591, a bill now enacted into law which requires active GPS monitoring of several classes of sex offenders
- Served on the special Legislative Council on Placement of Sex Offenders which will result in stronger reporting requirements for sex offenders and improved communication with the public
- Supported and lobbied for the Governor’s SAFE initiative which has led to capture of a large number of sex offenders who have failed to register with the State or have not met their supervision requirements
- Continue to work tirelessly on enhancements to Chapter 980 (Sexually Violent Persons Commitment Law) to have the legislature enact “burden equity” whereby communities won’t become dumping grounds for the State’s worst of the worst.
The volunteers have given up work and vacation days, sacrificed time away from their families, and have all too often dipped into their own wallets to pay for their dedicated efforts on behalf of, not just Franklin, but parent and children all across Wisconsin.
Now CFSW needs your help.
This Friday CFSW holds their first annual fundraiser. It is sure to be a fantastic evening with great food and outstanding entertainment by one of Milwaukee’s hottest dance bands, the Boogiemen.
There will be amazing items available through a silent auction and raffles. One of the items up for bid will be a PRIVATE FIREWORKS SHOW donated by Bartolotta Fireworks.
The fundraiser will be held at the Oak Creek Community Center this Friday night at 6:30. It’s a wonderful opportunity to say thank you to a group that has been working so tirelessly for you and your children. The CFSW needs and deserves your support.
Ticket prices are now a family-friendly $25. That’s less than 50 cents per week to help support a group of your neighbors to continue to fight for our most precious commodity….our children. Think about it. Is the health and safety and welafre of a child worth 50 cents a week?
Click here to order your tickets.
I have seen firsthand the hard work, devotion and success of this wonderful group of citizens. I am honored and proud to serve as the Master of Ceremonies for what promises to be a very special evening. I hope to see you there, and thank you!