Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely young daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Throughout 1988, I covered the U.S. Senate campaign of Herb Kohl for WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio, coverage that won the station an award. I was there the night Kohl won, covering his victory party.
Well I never been to England
But I kinda like the Beatles
Three Dog Night from their hit song, “Never Been to Spain”
1) U.S. Air Force serviceman Spencer Stone is seen at the Arras train station in France, Aug. 21, after thwarting a gunman. Stone and two other Americans, who tackled the perpetrator aboard a train from Amsterdam to Paris on Friday are being hailed as heroes for thwarting what could have been a massacre. Photo: An air tanker drops fire retardant on a wildfire near Twisp, Wash., Wednesday, Aug. 19. Almost 30,000 firefighters from all over the country are battling about 100 wildfires that have broken out across the West. The flames have torched more than 1 million acres of land. Photo: Donald Trump leaves for lunch after being summoned for jury duty in New York on August 17. Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson is seen silhouetted through a window as he speaks during church services at Maple Street Missionary Baptist Church on August 16, 2015 in Des Moines, Iowa. Ben Carson attended Sunday church services before campaigning at the Iowa State Fair. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)
6) Republican presidential candidate and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker talks to a protester as a supporter grabs his sign at the Iowa State Fair. Photo: Associated Press
7) U.S. Army First Lt. Shaye Haver, center, and Capt. Kristen Griest, right, pose for photos with other female West Point alumni after an Army Ranger school graduation ceremony in Ft. Benning, Ga. Photo: AP
8) Ants carry a leaf with a slogan reading "Help!" at the zoo in Cologne, Germany August 18, 2015. Some of the zoo's 500,000 leaf-cutting ants carry laser-cut leaves with slogans during a campaign to protect the Amazon rain forest, organised by the German branch of World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF) and Cologne Zoo. Picture taken through the glass of the display case. (REUTERS/Ina Fassbender)
9) A giant panda rests in its incubator in a Ya’an, China, panda breeding center. Photo: Splash News
10) Surfer Arlen Macpherson sits on his board, which has an electronic shark repellent device installed, at Sydney's Bondi Beach in Australia, August 18, 2015. A spate of shark attacks in Australia has left some of world's top surfing beaches deserted and many people having second thoughts about taking a swim as the summer approaches. Macpherson paid A$390 for a device embedded in his surf board to repel sharks by emitting an electronic force field that overpowers its sensing organs. (REUTERS/David Gray)
11) A synchronized swimmer gives an underwater performance with about 20,000 sardines at an aquarium in Seoul's Gangnam Ward, South Korea, 18 August 2015. The performance involving national synchronized swimming team members and professional divers will run until 30 August. (Yonhap/EPA)
12) People have breakfast in beds in an effort to set a new Guinness World Record in Beijing, China. Couples take part in the 'Love and Challenge Marathon' in Hanoi, Vietnam, August 16, 2015. Fifty couples, who are going to get married, participated in the event which is held the fifth time. This year, the winners of the marathon received a honeymoon trip to Malaysia. (EPA/LUONG THAI LINH)
14) People make their way down a 558-foot-long water slide built by local residents on a canola field in Listringen, Germany, Aug. 22. AND FINALLY...
Who are they?