Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
January 16, 2013
Mayor Thomas Taylor
Members of the Common Counsel
RE: Success with Chapter 167 of the
Dear Elected Officials:
The following is an up to date accounting of the successful use of City Ordinance 167 which restricts the residency of sex offenders in the City of
1. Steven R. Hanke: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault. On 8-9-07 he was determined to be living at
2. Daniel C. Niggeling: Convicted of 4th Degree Sexual Coercion (sex w/child 13-15 years of age). A Detective checking the state sex registry website on 5/30/07 found him listed as living at
3. Daniel A. Bell: Convicted of 4th Degree Sexual Conduct & 2nd Degree Sexual Contact with a child under 13. On 5/30/07 he was found on the state website living at
4. Melvin Rios: Convicted of Sexual Assault of a Child (1986, pre-registry case). On 6-8-07 the department received information that he was driving an Ice Cream truck in city. He was stopped on 6-10-07 at 44th & Forest Hill selling ice cream. He was advised of the ordinance and of the Child Safety Zones in the city. On 6-11-07 the department contacted the owner of the ice cream truck business & advised her of the ordinance. Rios was immediately terminated from employment in
5. Virgil D. Julius: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault. On 11/15/07 the department was advised by Federal Probation & Parole that Julius was requesting to stay in
6. Jon G Kamin: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault. On 11/21/07 he was found on the state website as residing at
7. Bake B. Baker: Convicted of 1st Degree Sexual Assault of a Child. He came to the department to report that he was residing at 3623 W. College #16. He was advised of the ordinance prohibiting him from living there and he vacated the residence on 12-05-07.
8. Christine J. Hickman: Convicted of Transporting Individuals for Purpose of Prostitution. She was found on the state website on or about 2-21-08 residing at 2841
9. Darren L. Logue: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child. After a thorough investigation it was determined that Logue was living at
10. Unidentified Offender: 1-21-09 the manager of the apartment complexes in the 7800 block of
11. (Subject not named due to status offense): Found delinquent of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child. On 1-23-09 he made inquires to the City Attorney’s office and police department as to his ability to move into the Prairie Grass Subdivision. He was advised that because of his status and the location of the property, he would not be eligible to reside there.
12. William Jetty: Convicted of 3rd Degree Sexual Assault. Received information on 1-4-2010 that Jetty was staying with a girlfriend in the 6800 block of
13. Michael L. Rueter: Convicted of Sexual Assault. Moved into a relative’s residence in the 7800 block of
14. Brad A. Evenson: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child. 3-23-10 received inquiry from someone planning to purchase a side by side condo in Prairie Grass Preserve and stated intent was for Evenson to live in one of the units. Inquired because knew
15. James A. Farrell: Convicted of 1st Degree Sexual Assault of a Child. On 8-25-10 during a neighbor trouble investigation, it was discovered Farrell was living with a girlfriend in the 6400 block of
16. Anquion M. Oliver Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault. After found to be residing in the 10500 block of
17. Christopher Jones: Convicted of 1st Degree Sexual Assault. On Friday, June 3, 2011 Jones left a Voice Mail with the police department stating he was intending to move into the Whitnall Pointe Apartments,
18. Dirk R. Krause: Convicted of 1st Degree Sexual Assault. On September 26, 2011 learned Krause was living at
19. Michael K Reuter: Convicted of Sexual Assault, made a second attempt to move into the city in the 7800 block of
20. Michael A. Allen: Convicted of 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child, was found staying at a motel on
21. Daniel J. Emer: Convicted of 3rd Degree Sexual Assault. On May 11, 2012 learned Emer was living at
22. Mark Davis: Convicted of Using Photographic Equipment to Secretly Peep. On or about May 10th, 2012 learned
23. Randall C. Lindberg: Convicted of Forced Viewing of Sexual Activity, attempted to move into the city in September but was prevented by notifying him of the City’s ordinance.
24. Gregory Allen Davis (Brother of Mark Davis): Convicted of Sexual Assault. Notified November 1, 2012 he was intending to stay with his mother at
Richard P. Oliva
Sex Offenders: Success with Chapter 167