Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Catherine Engelbrecht
True the Vote
Serious Questions on
True the Vote Analysis of Senate Recall Petitions Shows Significant Problems with Signatures
Fitzgerald and Moulton Petitions May Not Have Enough Signatures to Qualify for Recall Election
The integrity of Wisconsin elections is on the verge of implosion, as United Wisconsin’s coordinated effort to recall six
Summary Analysis of Senate Recall Petitions
Signatures Required 15,353
Estimated Signatures Received 22,480
Estimated Eligible Signatures 20,170
Senator Scott Fitzgerald
Signatures Required 16,742
Estimated Signatures Received 14,061
Estimated Eligible Signatures 12,833
Senator Terry Moulton
Signatures Required 14,958
Estimated Signatures Received 20,139
Estimated Eligible Signatures 15,294
Senator Pam Galloway
Signatures Required 15,647
Estimated Signatures Received 18,057
Estimated Eligible Signatures 16,842
Full Reports can be found at www.truethevote.org/resources/recall
Who are True the Vote and Verify the Recall?
True the Vote is a nonpartisan, non-profit, citizen led initiative to inspire and equip fellow citizens to participate in our nation’s electoral process. Verify the Recall is a collaborative effort between Wisconsin GrandSons of Liberty, We the People of the Republic and True the Vote, to allow the general public an
opportunity to assist in developing a comprehensive online digital dataset of all recall petition signatures.
What role are we playing in
Verify the Recall’s involvement is simply to help uphold the integrity of the process. Volunteer data enterers transcribe each of the petitions’ handwritten signature lines into a proprietary database, in a secure web-based environment. This dataset is then examined according to a multivariate analysis hierarchy that
programmatically evaluates each signature according WI election code.
What are our goals?
• To uphold the integrity of election processes
• To conduct a comprehensive review of recall petition data
• To publicly present all findings
Key Points and Statistics
• We have over 13,000 volunteers from 49 states
• We have an average of 3,000 volunteers working on each petition
• Each signature record is entered an average of 4 times. This redundancy occurs by design, allowing for the capture of consistent information and isolation of aberrant information.
• Approximately 1.18 million signature records were entered in our review of the Senate Recall Petitions
• We have begun work on the Scott Walker recall; have entered 1.25 million records to date.
• Our data entry effort began on January 27th. In the past 13 days we have entered 2.43 million signatures.